BBC Microbit temperature display guide

It's here! I received my BBC Microbit in the post yesterday, with the rest of the devices for our Year 7's arriving soon.

I've only been playing around with it for a few hours and have already found some great applications for use in the classroom, particularly data logging using the build in temperature and acceleration sensors.

My first experiment was to create a temperature display in our IT support office. The students often line up outside waiting to go into the ICT suite and all of them are asking me about it! See my tutorial here for how to display the ambient temperature in Microsoft Touch Develop using your BBC Microbit. I altered the scroll speed to make it a bit faster by changing the default scroll speed of 150ms to 70. It seems to work better this way.




Comments